IT Helpdesk Technician
About this job
IT Helpdesk Technician position, entry or advanced level. Perfect your knowledge and your skills before moving to advanced and specialized IT positions within the organization. Competitive salary and benefit package included.
The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for the following:
- Under general supervision, providing software, hardware and network problem resolution to information technologies users, by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions, clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner.
- Accepting technical support calls, logging and managing issues through a help desk tracking system.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, when dealing with colleagues, service providers and customers.
- Presenting oneself in clean, neat and professional attire when dealing with customers, service providers, etc.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving level one IT issues.
- Providing one-on-one end-user problem resolution through diverse communication methods: phone, remote connection, on-line, on-site, etc.
- Assisting or involving other information technologies professionals with resolutions of user issues.
- Understanding when and escalating user issues to a next level of tech margin-bottom:4pxnical support and service.
- Planning and maintaining resolution schedules.
- Assisting network technicians in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Providing one-on-one end-user training as required.
- Performing equipment configurations and repairs.
- Performing software configurations and updates.
- Logging / tracking warranty claims with all vendors.
- Logging / tracking facility issues with local service providers.
- Recording / registering all inbound and outbound shipment.
- Keeping an inventory of commonly used items that are required to support customers in a timely manner.