IT Support Engineer
About this job
IT Support Engineer position, entry or advanced level. Perfect your knowledge and your skills before moving to advanced and specialized IT positions within the organization. Competitive salary and benefit package included.
The Support Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Providing advanced support of software, hardware and network problem resolution to information technologies users, by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions, clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner.
- Accepting technical support calls, logging and managing issues on-site and through a help desk tracking system.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, when dealing with colleagues, service providers and customers.
- Presenting oneself in clean, neat and professional attire when dealing with customers, service providers, etc.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving advanced level IT issues.
- Providing one-on-one end-user problem resolution through diverse communication methods: on-site, remote connection, on-line, phone, etc.
- Assisting or involving other information technologies professionals with resolutions of user issues.
- Understanding when and escalating user issues to a next level of technical support and service.
- Planning and maintaining resolution schedules.
- Assisting network technicians in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Providing one-on-one end-user training as required.
- Performing equipment configurations and repairs.
- Performing software configurations and updates.
- Logging/ tracking warranty claims with all vendors.
- Logging/ tracking facility issues with local service providers.
- Maintaining a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Installing and configuring server operating systems and applications.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Able to follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.