About this job
IT Technician position, entry or advanced level. Perfect your knowledge and your skills before moving to advanced and specialized IT positions within the organization. Competitive salary and benefit package included.
The IT Technician is responsible for the following:
- Familiar with standard software, hardware and network systems.
- Under general supervision, providing software, hardware and network installations and configurations.
- Providing network access and support.
- Provide installation and support of equipment.
- Provide installation and configuration of software.
- Diagnose of hardware, software and network system issues.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving level one and two IT issues.
- Understanding when and escalating user issues to a next level of technical support and service.
- Assisting or involving other information technologies professionals with resolutions of user issues.
- Participate in the research and implementation of solution and services.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, when dealing with colleagues, service providers and customers.
- Presenting oneself in clean, neat and professional attire when dealing with customers, service providers, etc.
- Providing one-on-one end-user problem resolution through diverse communication methods: phone, remote connection, on-line, on-site, etc.
- Providing orientation and training to users on existing and new technologies.
- Planning and maintaining resolution schedules.
- Logging / tracking installation and support issues in a management system
- Identifying and preparing hardware for disposal when appropriate.
- Ensuring hardware is stripped and secured before disposal.
- Maintaining current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Making recommendations for purchase of technology resources.
- Working with groups within IT infrastructure and IT applications in resolving problem issues.
- Ensuring technology is accessible and hardware and software are current.