IT Business Analyst
About this job
IT Business Analyst position, entry or advanced level. Perfect your knowledge and your skills before moving to advanced and specialized IT positions within the organization. Competitive salary and benefit package included.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivering the following as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Working independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Driving and challenging clients on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Possessing strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serving as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and other IT staff through which requirements flow.
- Developing requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborating with IT staff and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyzing tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Acting as the liaison between the clients, technology teams and support teams.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Acting as a subject matter expert as required.
- Providing client support as required.