IT Network Engineer
About this job
IT Network Engineer position, entry or advanced level. Perfect your knowledge and your skills before moving to advanced and specialized IT positions within the organization. Competitive salary and benefit package included.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Knowledgeable about the different type of networks: LAN, WAN, MAN, GAN.
- Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Providing network access and support.
- Provide installation and support of network equipment.
- Provide installation and configuration of network software.
- Diagnose of hardware, software and network system issues.
- Monitoring network usage.
- Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers.
- Suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Ensuring that all IT equipment complies with industry standards.
- Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet.
- Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Supervising other staff, such as help-desk technicians.
- Working closely and productively with other departments/organizations and collaborating with other IT staff.
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work.
- Participate in the research and implementation of solution and services.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, when dealing with colleagues, service providers and customers.
- Presenting oneself in clean, neat and professional attire when dealing with customers, service providers, etc.
- Providing one-on-one end-user problem resolution through diverse communication methods: phone, remote connection, on-line, on-site, etc.
- Planning and maintaining resolution schedules.
- Managing the website and keeping internal networks running.
- Monitoring the use of the web by employees.
- Maintaining current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Making recommendations for purchase of technology resources.
- Working with groups within IT infrastructure and IT applications in resolving problem issues.
- Ensuring technology is accessible and hardware and software are current.